Electrical Engineer II
Within the Technical Services group, senior electrical engineers provide leadership, technical expertise and business perspective in all areas related to the plant's electrical systems. This position is responsible for coordination of improvement and new projects and cost/budget management.
Responsibilities may include:
Provide technical expertise for troubleshooting of refinery equipment, including power distribution systems, motor controls, switch gear, UPS systems, and substations
Responsible for electrical systems design, specification, installation, testing, and start-up Project duties include design development, construction scope, drawing preparation, construction support, and start-up supervision Assist with maintenance planning and execution of major equipment repairs and unit turnarounds as needed Participate in refining electrical reliability network, industry technical societies, and support engineering standards maintenance and development Manage and coordinate capital projects associated with plant upgrades and expansion Coordinate and supervise work of contractors including liaison with vendors Interface with external Power Agencies May have instrumentation related responsibilities.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years of refinery, petrochemical or manufacturing experience
- 7+ years of experience in power distributions systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of industrial safe work practices and standards (IEEE, ANSI, NEMA, ISA, and API)
- Must have or be willing and able, with or without reasonable accommodation, to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC card)
- Previous experience with plant start-ups and troubleshooting of complex control and operational problems
- Strong safety focus with demonstrated knowledge of code requirements, including OSHA and Process Safety Management
- Excellent leadership, planning, organizing, written and oral communication skills
- Computer proficiency with applications for word processing, spreadsheets, databases and SAP
- Demonstrated project management abilities to complete complex assignments in a timely manner
- Proven ability to meet project schedules and costs with minimal supervision
- Ability to continue with reliability program development
- IEEE membership
- Registered Professional Engineer
Confirm the specific shift hours, if applicable.
7:oo am to 4:oopm
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $55.00 - $75.00 per hour